Employer: Cornell Law School
Location: Ithaca, NY
Title: Associate Director, Office of Judicial Engagement and Professional Development
Reporting to the Law School’s Assistant Dean for Judicial Engagement and Professional Development, the Associate Director will support the activities of the Office of Judicial Engagement and Professional Development (OJEPD) at Cornell Law School. The Associate Director will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering comprehensive coaching, advising, and programming to students and alumni interested in pursuing post-graduate clerkships with state and federal judges.
- Managing the clerkship-recommendation-letter process by editing letters, liaising with recommendation writers, and overseeing an administrative assistant’s work in support of this process.
- Directing the Professional Development Orientation and the administrative aspects of the Professional Development Institute, including planning and administering budgets, overseeing administrative support, and hiring and supervising student fellows.
- Liaising with the faculty Professional Development Committee on budget planning, facilities utilization, and overall planning strategies.
- Managing the office’s online resources and reviewing/updating webpages.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in higher education administration or legal practice, or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in working with job seekers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, maturity, and tact under pressure.
- High-quality organizational and analytical skills.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- Previous experience as a judicial clerk.
- Career-counseling experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of legal professional development programming.
- Excel, Qualtrics, and web-content-editing skills.
Click here to learn more and apply.